Sunday, July 17, 2005

taking back saturday

It's been another one of those long, drawn-out weeks that makes you want to use the weekend for everything it's worth... Or be used by your friends for all it's worth. You know, either way.

So... umm... okay. Starting with ... Friday? Wasn't really that exciting... Well, I did happen to see my supervisors in random places, which was pretty weird. I had to pick up my bike from the repair shop after work that day, and it just so happens to be that my boss and two of my lab supervisors were enjoying HUGE mugs of beer outside Dos Amigos at exactly the time I walked by :) It was really interesting, because that's pretty much the first time I've actually seen them outside of the work setting. And even though they're REALLY OLD (tee hee, like, 29 and older), it was fun sitting with them and just talking about random things (like how Ed would look good wearing tiny bike shorts! weird!!)...

Party at Emily's on Friday, but nothing much exciting happened. Played some cards, half a game of pool... jumped on the trampoline, which just happened to have an enormously heavy kiddie pool underneath that we could not have possibly moved... needless to say, it looked like I peed my pants after awhile :)

Saturday... ah, Saturday. Picked up Emily and little sis Sierra and headed out to meet Jess in LC. Of course, we had to pick up something on the way (namely, ice and water), so we stopped at the Zumbro Falls BP... I grab my wallet and open the door to get out... and for some reason, this buzzing sound turns on. I check the lights and just figure that it must be because the CD player adapter is in the tape deck... so, we head into BP, buy ice, water and all that good stuff... and as we get back to the car, I realize that I don't have keys anywhere on me. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I locked the keys in the van. NOT ONLY that, but since I wasn't paying attention last weekend when my dad told me exactly where the spare key is, I spent a good 20 minutes on my back under the van trying to find that damn box. And since our cell phones were locked in the car, we had no way of reaching anyone...

Well, that's where we were without the awesome help of the girl working at the gas station. She just happened to have a boyfriend who works towing trucks and would of course unlock the door for us :) Seriously, how many times do people come to your rescue like that? The rest of the ride to LC was a haze to me, because I kept thinking about how much of a miracle it is that there are still good people in the world...

Whereas, sometimes your own friends (and etc.) can let you down.

I mean, I know how much of a loser I am. Honestly. I don't need my own friends repeating embarassing stories to the whole world.

Also, it hurts to know that regardless of how many times I invite people out to do stuff, those same people would not in the world do the same favor of inviting me to something of theirs. I'm tired of being used for my hospitality. I know I'm not perfect, but at least I go through the effort of trying to keep up friendships. Maybe there's just something about me that I don't know. Like how I embarass my friends with how much of a dork I am. Yeah, that's probably it.

Have a good weekend, all. Don't try to reach me today (not that you would), because I've had it for this weekend. Time for some shopping by myself, and maybe a haircut too.

No comments: