Tuesday, January 04, 2005

staying up late

This is a message to all you younguns out there: Get your sleep.

Personally, I LOVE sleep. But for some reason, other people out here do not. Let's go through the past... week? for proof... We'll see if I can get more days in there; at this point, I haven't a clue how talented my brain is going to be at that.

Yesterday night: Invited Josiah, Wole, and Emily to sleep over... I guess when people know they're going to be sleeping over anyways, they forget that sleep is an integral part in that. Just because everyone else is staying up until 6 AM doesn't mean that you have to do it too. Unless it's your house. My mistake there. I mean, my sister was up taking a shower and getting ready to go to school before we went to bed.

Sunday: Everyone came over here again, but of course we had to pick up Wole (no matter how many times you ask us for rides, Wole, it's not going to convince us to buy a car for you). So we spent some good time sliding down Wole's driveway (COMPLETELY iced over, fun! Except for nearly scraping the palms of my hands off on the ice). That was a fun time, and I got to see some people that I haven't seen much of this break. So, everyone ends up staying around until... 4 AM or so. I nearly convince them to just sleep over, but they were concerned that their parents would worry... aww...

Saturday: Did not have anyone over, and didn't do anything with friends! Weird! Definitely had quality family time, however. Got to watch "Garden State" and "Eternal Sunshine" with Mom, Dad, and Stephie. "Garden State"'s definitely the more excellent of the two.

Friday: New Year's Eve celebration at Emily's house!! Stayed up ALL night long, and then proceeded to go home at 7:30, sleep until 10:30, whereupon my parents woke me up with promises of walking to Dunn Bro's, which we ended up not doing anyways. Really feeling sick this day. Throat was all crappy and yucky... bad headaches... flashing between hot and cold spells... Too bad I didn't have any school to miss, because then all my pain and suffering could have been justified.

Thursday: Hmmm... oh yes... movies at Emily's, where I fell asleep around 1AM, woke up at 2:30 and found out people wrote on my face again with magic marker (yeah, well, they'll go to hell anyways :) j/k). I kinda drove home in a huffy after that. It's sad that this was a good night's sleep (in respect to the other days of this week).

Wednesday: Okay, so this is where my memory kinda craps out... Oh geeze, I completely forgot. We went up to the cities this day! Went shopping at Mall of America, bought a $130 Airport Express for Peter Fritz (which he finally paid me back for, like, yesterday), hung around at Dan's house and watched "Early Edition" (do you remember that show? I love it! I kind of forgot it even existed until we flipped on the TV and it was on. Wonderful television.), and went to Stargate Night Club. The club was pretty fun, except for the drunk creepy guys. And the nasty smoke smell. It was good company at the club at least... Good protection from the creepy guys.

Well, that's about as much as I can list off for now. Today I get my digital camera!! I'm very excited about that!! So, in no time at all, I will get to post lovely pictures of temperate North Dakota on this very webpage. Aren't you excited? I know I am :) Let's see... what else happens today... Emily is leaving for Malibu today (traitor :) tee hee). I'm in the midst of cleaning up everything. So that's pretty exciting... Probably have to take a shower somewhere in the next few hours... I probably should go on a run, if I can motivate myself enough to follow through with that... I guess that's about it for today. I have only 5 more days left, so I should definitely be enjoying every last second of it. However, I'm going to say that staying up until insanely early hours in the morning is not going to be included in that. Cross my fingers for good sleep and family time? :)

6 comments:

Fritz said...

At least I paid you...

Jess said...

Yes, yes, Peter; I am forever indebted to you :)

Josiah said...

Indeed. Thanks Jessica for all the awesomeninity.

Josiah said...

Dan, I know where you live. I cut you, foo.

Josiah said...

Make a new post, poopface.

Anonymous said...

Shut up, you