Sunday, December 19, 2004

being home

I'm home!! Why is it that everyone wants me to do something now that I'm at home? Yes, I know that we had to get a Christmas tree (haha, which we got yesterday; it's surprisingly attractive for being in such a picked-over lot) and I still have to buy/make presents for EVERYONE, but right now, all my brain seems to be allowing me to do is sleep. I woke up at probably 8:15 today, as my dad was telling me that I should go to church. Then I was woken up again by my neighbor, calling that the heat was out and I was supposed to tell my dad something about it... Proceed to maybe 9:30, when my sister came home and offered to pick me up at 11 so I could go to the second service. In between 9:30 and 11, my mom called about dropping off eye drops at work for her, my dad called to let me know that I should bring the gifts for the Women's shelter with me to church, and suzie called about the heat as well. Needless to say, I was less than eager to stumble out the door once 11 finally rolled around (and my sister sat outside in the car, honking for me to get a clue that she was there).

Maybe this should be a signal for me to get to bed earlier? Nah. I just need to sleep more during the day :) Good ol' college schedule.

Decorated the Christmas tree today, and discovered there isn't quite enough room on top for the paper angel I made in kindergarten. Right now, its position makes it appear to be a sort of "overseer" of the house, though, so that's kind of cool. Definitely. Also kind of gives me the feeling that if I were that angel, I would definitely have some major neck problems. Poor paper angel.

Tomorrow shall be a day of excitement, we shall hope? Shopping? And boot hockey? The rinks are frozen solid, so there will surely be some kind of ice rink usage going on.

And for now, sleep? Possibly...

3 comments:

Lucas Will said...

We have a Star Trek shuttlecraft that guards our house, but it does it while hanging the tree... lying in wait to suprise any threats...

Napping really is a gift from God, that must be appreciated even more in this wonderful season of giving.

Josiah said...

Lucas, you are such a nerd.

Jess said...

And... this is coming from... Josiah...