Wednesday, October 06, 2004

asthma?!

This is not supposed to happen. I am 18 years old, and I haven't had any sort of problems with asthma for... years... probably about five years to be specific. Why does it choose to haunt me now? The devious asthma demons must have known I had nothing of the sort to help me (no inhalers, no steroids, not even vaporub, for goodness sakes...), so I hope they are at least happy with making me miserable.

Yes. I am an asthmatic. A cold-induced asthmatic, at that. (Think illness, not temperature.)

Anyways, it was sort of thrilling getting to use Brenda's Grand Am to make an emergency trip to the pharmacy (her key remote has a honk button to locate the car in a parking lot!! awesome!!) However, after seeing a car accident outside my window this afternoon... I'm a little bit nervous. I mean, the speed limit there is like, 15 mph, since the crosswalks are always full of pedestrians throughout the day. So it's kind of crazy that a car could have caused that much damage running into another at that speed. Oh, well. I'm mostly happy with my bike. Plus, I get the excitement of almost getting run over by people that don't look when they're driving!! Yay!

Time to get groceries and make the 2 mile bike ride home from Red River. More later...

2 comments:

Lucas Will said...

As horrible as asthma is to spell, I do believe that it is even worse to experience. Hmm... probably the same with pnemonia, and that one's really hard...

I am glad that you have not yet been run over while on your bike. Here in Decorah, I'm pretty sure that you could actually hit a resident from here, and they would calmly explain to you and everyone else, all of the good reasons that you had for hitting them, and how you're still a good person in spite of the fact that you probably have broken a zillion bones.

I look forward to more...

Josiah said...

Suck. I'd like to say more, but it's 1:20 and my brain is not working.