Sunday, April 29, 2007

moving --- and moving on

Sunday, April 29th: It really came out of nowhere... well, at least for me. How can a relationship like that end? We were different, yes, and maybe that was something wrong, something that drove him away. I was (well, am) stressed out... with finals coming next week and the MCAT two and a half weeks away, it's not surprising. My birthday is next week. May Day is in a couple days, a day that I've looked forward to since I was a little kid. Who is supposed to be unhappy during these times? And maybe that's why he did it? Maybe secretly I was unhappy, and through time I've just normalized my expectations to a new baseline happiness value?

Boxes are still strewn about my room. I have no bed to sleep on, but I do have a mattress left over from the futon. I hope the spiders that were clinging to those boxes I found under my bed aren't going to come visit me on the floor tonight.

Heck, maybe I won't mind a little company. My spidery friends and I can commiserate on the general suckiness of the present situation... although they may be a little spiteful due to my involvement in deposing them from their lovely box homes.

No comments: