Saturday, May 27, 2006

late nights, long naps

Time to get to bed, but it's been too long to put off this post.

It's back to work for Jessica; I did orientation this Wednesday and I've spent the last three days trying to get a handle on what is going on in the lab, at least, my part of the lab. I think I need to just stop looking at computer screens (wow, another good reason I should go to bed instead of writing this, yet my undying passion to blog wins out) because I think my eyes are being burned out of my skull.

Umm... what else? Life is kind of boring, but tomorrow I get a chance to get out on the lake with my aunt and uncle. And maybe next weekend, friends will come down to visit!! Actually, I don't know that, but it's an open invitation to come and enjoy all that SE MN has to offer ;)

Oh, and Patty is going to be in town tomorrow! Yay for that!!

Emily is in Croatia, Jess in Kazahkstan... it'll be kinda lonely around here...

But at least I can hang out with my mom and dad :) And Neer, Dylan, and Arun, and Josiah, of course.

And I've read more than I did the entire year in the last week... that is, reading things that I wanted to read, instead of textbooks. I'm through Deception Point and The Da Vinci Code, and I'm almost through Stiff. I almost started reading The Road Ahead by Bill Gates, only that I stopped myself and realized it was written in 1995, and that it was pretty much pointless reading about potential new developments 11 years later. And that it was really boring. I literally fell asleep trying to read the intro... although I tend to do that a lot lately. Something about staying up late and then forcing myself to sleep after work.

At least it's a three-day weekend.

No comments: