Sunday, January 15, 2006

surprise

I woke up this morning to amazing rays of sunshine streaming through my window... and I recognized that this day is the start of something new in my life. A new age, a revitalized period, I don't know what to call it, but it's new, and I like it.

Have you ever been so changed by a single thing that you begin to evaluate aspects of your own life from that new perspective?

Read "Fountainhead," and if it doesn't change your life, then my entire theory will be ruined, and it must just have affected me because I'm weak-minded. But I don't think that's the case.

However, I don't think my previous statement was founded entirely by reading "Fountainhead." And, here I go...

What kind of person would I be had I not decided out of the blue to attend Friedell my sixth grade year of middle school? This decision put me into a totally new environment for the beginning of my middle school experience. What if I would have stuck with the status-quo decision of going straight to Kellogg? What friends would I have made, would Danny have seen me as the same "intriguing new girl" if I would have been there in 6th instead of coming in 7th grade, would my friends have been different if I started off with the group I knew from elementary school? Here's only one decision I made in my life, and not even a very important one (at least, so it seemed at the time).

What about when I decided to go to this college?

What if Dave and Ryan hadn't gotten stuck in a snow bank last night, and I didn't ride back with them to campus...?

Hmm... we'll see.

No comments: