Friday, November 25, 2005

the dark side of break

Thanksgiving break is wonderful, don't get me wrong. It's just that every time I've tried to fall asleep in my own bed, I keep getting these awful nightmares. It's like now that I actually have a chance to look at all my academic worries from the semester without trying to remember everything extracurricular that I have going on, my brain is relishing every contortion of how I could fail my classes this semester (yeah, I think that was a run-on sentence, but I don't really care. Read it again if you don't understand). Last night I don't know how many nightmares I had on forgetting assignments, big projects, tests, etc...

Then again, I've had nightmares at home since I started sleeping in that room about 12 years ago! I still remember waking up when I was a kid and running up to my sister's and mom and dad's room, just so I would know that they weren't being murdered by some serial killer. I just always had this impression as a kid that if something happened to me, they wouldn't know that anything was happening til it was too late. Carbon monoxide poisoning was frequently in my nightmares... I also had nightmares that a witch lived under my room and could pull me down into her lair by lowering my bed...

Anyways, now that you know that I'm schizophrenic :) It's snowing outside! And food yesterday was AWESOME... my auntie Sue made a cross between pumpkin and pecan pie that was absolutely delicious, Jimmy made his excellent bread, I peeled some potatoes (haha, that was my contribution), my mom made some superb cherry-and-golden-raisin stuffing and gravy, dad brined and cooked the turkey rotisserie-style over the grill... yum...

So I definitely did some Pilates today :) I think I'll start doing that, because I am such a noodle right now. I need to get stronger (so I can throw more guys over my back in karate, haha). Time for a shower, but maybe more later... after I get some OChem studying in, which will perhaps appease these nightmare demons in my mind...

No comments: