Friday, September 02, 2005

life as we know it

It's been a rough week... week-and-a-half, rather. I didn't realize how fast things would pick up after the start of school. But now I sit, pondering the wonderful possibilities that could fill this impending three-day-weekend... ahhh, what a good feeling. I'll probably first have to finish my Spanish composition that I didn't have done for Thursday, and then I'll have to get started on the assignment that should be due for Tuesday. After that, a little SHP work'll be necessary... and some OChem and a lot of Anat204 to study. Not to mention DiffEQ, the class in which we haven't even met our professor yet. Okay, well, I can cross my fingers and hope for a little fun. Doubt that Winnipeg will see me this weekend, but I guess I can live without it for now.

At least I have the satisfaction of a good job. Definitely tiring, but rewarding all the while. Time for explanation: I started tutoring in the Math Learning Center yesterday. I didn't realize how many people come to the MLC for help... and how many of them live and eat in the same places I do... just yesterday evening, I saw three of the people I helped... a couple in the lounge of my residence hall, and one at Terrace... it's going to be kind of weird having that connection to all these people :) Let's hope I'm doing a good job.

Umm... well. Time to work on revising my SHP commentary and data sheet. I'm liking the fact that the class gives me motivation to work and revise my portfolio, but I'm not exactly thrilled about having graded deadlines. I hope that once things settle down, I can actually finish my homework in time for all these due dates... instead of using the pity plea, which I've already used twice in the last two days.

So, what has been going on in your life, Jessica? A lot of different stuff, I guess. It's hard being involved in a zillion things and getting homework done as well. And it's also difficult to concentrate on homework when I'm not even sure how my personal life is going. Or where it's going. Plus, it doesn't help that these allergies I've been suffering through have now turned me into a horrible asthmatic for the past couple days. Asthma has to be one of the most embarrassing (and gross) afflictions to have. I mean, who likes to hear someone else wheezing and coughing up flem. It's hard to get sympathy.

Time for SHP work...

No comments: