Monday, April 11, 2005

sunshine on a dreary day

What a busy, awesome weekend it was...

April and I started it off excellently on Friday evening by practicing Tiger Crane in the J/F lounge for the talent show :) Of course, one can only handle so many strikes to the forearm in one evening, so we spent a good 2 hours or so working on the intensely impossible borderless goldfish puzzle. I'm sure the people who walked by were wondering what the heck we were doing putting together a jigsaw puzzle on a Friday night... tee hee...

That night I also realized how many lovey-dovey couples there are in Johnstone/Fulton. Gag me. I mean, seriously. Let the guy have some fun and do your laundry alone for once, girls! You're not married, so why are you doing laundry together? Puh-lease.

Saturday... oh, Saturday. Very exciting times, indeed. I woke up early for my now-routine (except for this morning) jog along the Englestad/coulee bike path. [Just a note to all you California-ites out there: it was absolutely beautiful in Grand Forks this weekend! I don't understand why anyone would ever want it to be more than 65 degrees, unless you're going to go swimming. Oh, yeah, I hope the people who are in charge of heating the buildings are reading this. Why does do we need to keep the dorms at 80 degrees throughout the day??] Okay, back from that unneeded digression. After running, I studied for about 4 continuous hours for Biology (test = today). The plan was to study for Chemistry (test = Wednesday), too, but that's incredibly impossible when I have the impression I need to study as much as possible for Biology. If I was in the mood to complain, I would probably say something about how professors are sadists for putting tests for common freshman courses within days of one another. Hey, but I'm not going to be the one to do that ;)

Discovering that, in fact, the downstairs clock was incredibly off, I raced off a little before 4 to the Betty to serve dinner to the Rocky Mountain Elks Foundation or something like that for an APO fundraiser. But instead of the moderately difficult 4 hours we were initially told that it would take, we soon discovered that we would be working a full 6 hours. Forget having fun afterwards, amigos. Well, unless you are willing to sacrific natural processes, like sleep. Upon coming home, I found out that I had missed out on a fantastic viewing of Star Wars I... And also that I had an interesting cell message from the one and only Mr. Saman. So after April and I figured out what we were going to do for the talent show, I went to investigate this call. Who would have known that watching Enemy of the State with two liberals and staying up talking until 7 in the morning would have been so great ;)

Even more amazing is the fact that four hours of sleep managed to get me (mostly) throughout all of Sunday. Okay, so I took a nap for an hour before dinner (pizza, which basically killed my stomach). And I was kind of cranky. Hey, but at least I can pass it off as something else, even if it wasn't. Yay for being a girl!

And now I'm here. Done with my Bio test. Typing an unnecessarily long post. That basically no one will read. But that's okay! Wow, it was a great weekend. Maybe the next few days of tests will take care of this overly-positive/joyful attitude I have. Until then...

No comments: