Thursday, April 21, 2005

like antibiotics and the flu

Sickness is really getting me down, lately. I came down with a fever of 103 on Saturday night, oddly enough only hours after I had come back from sweeping out a huge, unventilated basement in downtown GF that hadn't been cleaned since the flood. So... yeah. Thinking that perhaps mold spores were germinating in my lungs, Katie drove me in to the ER. I'm just glad we didn't take the advice of the Mayo Clinic HelpLine, who said that I should have called 9-1-1 right away. It turned out that I just had gotten the flu. Oh, but trust me, it still sucks mucho. Especially since I have asthma, which reacts with a "haha, I got you now" response to any sickness I happen to get. Fun times, fun times.

It turns out that my sis and I are in similar predicaments. Hopefully I'm not the one who is corrupting her... :)

Let's see... anything else besides the flu and corruption... I did my "Placebo Effect" presentation in class yesterday. That was interesting, considering I could barely talk and my mind was in a billion places. I would have gotten the results of my chem test if I went to class yesterday, but after making the arduous trek to and from Red River High yesterday morning, I was in little condition to make any other physical attempt at motion. I took a nap. And it wasn't even satisfying, due to the fact that I was coughing into my pillow pretty much the whole time.

I know, I know... feel sorry for me, blah blah blah.

What else... oh, yes, for certain individuals who read this and automatically think that I'm talking about you... well... I'm not. So there.

Time for Calculus class. And then maybe a delightful nap after that. Chem lab at 4... where I shall see my wretched test results. (Yeah... NOT looking forward to that... ) And... Relay for Life on Friday! Everyone should do it! Yay, go team!

No comments: