Sunday, March 06, 2005

greetings from green belt-dom

What a full weekend this has been! To imagine that in just a few days, I'll be flying off to Boston... :) I'm so excited!! Anyways, time to play catch-up...

My Biology test went super well! It was on evolution and species, which is one of the most boring things that I have ever studied for. Also, there were some things in there that were incongruous. For example, our textbook teaches us that a reducing atmosphere, combined with the "bubble theory" (which states that bubbles formed on the edges of lakes/water bodies and evolved into simple cells) made the first cells of life. But how can that be, when it has been found that there was no oxygen or ozone in the early life of the earth? How do you make water, except with the combination of two hydrogens and one oxygen? Sounds kind of fishy to me.

As you might infer by the title of this post, yes, I am now a full-fledged green belt in American Okinawan Karate! I tell you, it is so much more awesome to be a green belt. Just going to sparing class today made me feel like, WOW... I am a green belt. And I know karate! And I can kick other people's butts! (Except if they are Rhiannon, Chad, Martha, Amanda, or Dave :) And April, sometimes.)

The Honors Formal was hella-tight, for sure. The music was pretty diverse, which made me happy. Some people complained that there wasn't enough swing, but I personally have a hard time with swing, so I was happy with what we had. The food was most excellent, as well. And having random people look at you like, "wow, you look awesome!" is super cool too.

Time for hall gov! More later...

No comments: