Thursday, November 11, 2004

now for a short one

Since eleven paragraphs is a bit much to keep up on a regular basis, I thought I might cut back on the type-age for this one. Plus, I probably only have 3 minutes until my student comes for Red River tutor-age. Fun times.

Haha, that was yesterday. Okay, so now it is Veteran's Day, and I'm still attempting to finish up this pitifully small entry. A lot of things have happened, it seems, in the span of the last week and a half. I'm still trying to sort things out, but I know all of it has been good. Perhaps I'll sort it out in time to actually write about it... not likely at this point, however.

Last night was the Dakota Dance, which wasn't that exciting, company excluded... However, before the dance, Squires Hall held a "Man Auction" for charity :) (Think of how a "woman auction" would go over on campus, haha... what a wonder double standards are)

I lost my keys somewhere over the course of last night, so basically April and I will have to be tied at the hip until I find them. Today is the big Halo 2 tourney, so I might go down for some free popcorn and pizza... And tomorrow there is a poetry reading at the Urban Stampede, which I may go to.

April and I concur that it would be a good idea to get rid of school on Thursdays for every week. It just makes sense; by Thursday, my brain is too tired to do anything of use, so we might as well have a mini break... then a Friday... then the weekend. Otherwise the weekend is just too short to recharge my life.

Time for a shower, more later when my brain is in working order!

1 Corinthians 13:4-13

4 Love is patient; love is kind. Love does not envy; is not boastful; is not conceited; 5 does not act improperly; is not selfish; is not provoked; does not keep a record of wrongs; 6 finds no joy in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never ends. But as for prophecies, they will come to an end; as for languages, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will come to an end. 9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when the perfect comes, the partial will come to an end. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put aside childish things. 12 For now we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, as I am fully known. 13 Now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.


P.S. Parents are the best superheros in the world :)

3 comments:

Josiah said...

Woman auction, eh? Hmm...

Lucas Will said...

Thursday naturally posesses great evil that cannot be matched by any other day. Without a doubt, we would do well to irradicate it.

Josiah said...

Wednesdays are the most evil day of the week. After all, Wednesdays start with W. What else starts with W? That's right. Wagner. I rest my case.