Wednesday, October 20, 2004

in the aftermath of an english paper

Six hours is an incredibly long time to be continuously doing anything, much less writing a hellish philosophy paper for Comp/Humanities. Why can't med schools just accept that maybe I'm not an awesome writer? Plus, it's PHILOSOPHY. What am I supposed to say about other people's philosophy? "Yeah, this person thought lots of things back then... some people agreed with him... other people didn't, and then they shot him... yeah..." Don't tell my Comp teacher this, but I am going to be completely ecstatic once I'm done with this semester :) :) :) The only extra composition class I'll eventually need to take will hopefully be satisfied by Sophomore Honors Portfolio next year... or maybe all I'll need is Spanish Comp next semester (hehe).

But now I'm totally done, which makes me entirely happy about life in general. And, as Dave informs me, now I can totally learn how to play my guitar for two hours a day for the next two weeks (as in, until my next paper is due... now I'm hearing voices of evil english teachers cackling together in their break rooms: "mwa ha ha ha" ...)

Tomorrow I will discover what I've gotten myself into with this new CPR class... and the fact that Thursdays are already crazy-isimo. And the fact I haven't gotten the floor newsletter for this week out!! How bad of a person am I?! Aahh!!

So, countdown to my karate belt test... 3 days... actually, 2 days 10 hours... and at this time in three days, I'll probably be out at the Honors Formal... extremely bored... (haha, just kidding... perhaps we shall take our marauding supplies along, just in case, though). More excitement to come?

2 comments:

Lucas Will said...

The nice thing about Paideia, is that most of us don't have English teachers... We have teachers from cool areas pretending to be English teachers. Like Greek, and... Greek Studies... Those English teachers do cackle. Didn't Mrs. Whatserevil look like a witch? (Oh yes, Wagner, I believe...)

Writing about other peoples' philosophies is kinda meh... It does feel great to be done with a paper.

Long live marauding and formals!

Josiah said...

You said the Nameless One's name!! A thousand curses upon you, Lucas Will!