Tuesday, September 27, 2005

learning to breathe

The worst is over... yes, ladies and gentlemen, I successfully took my first OChem test this morning! All that time spent studying those stupid pKa values paid off :) since I got them all right (yes!!!). Umm.. what else to say... I had a lovely nap today from 3 to 4:45... which was well-needed, considering I've been getting about 5 1/5 good hours of sleep each night for the last few days, and I woke up at 5 am this morning feeling like I had to puke up everything in the world. Oh, but don't worry. At least I have a lot of potential causes for this sudden sickness... could be that nasty chicken that I had in that wrap last night... or it could be that I was just really nervous for my test... or maybe I was just really cold and therefore felt sick.

Anyways.

The moral of the story is, life is good. And I get to see mis padres in only a couple days, although I probably won't see them at all on Friday. Oh yeah, and I'm going to enter a frat for the first time in my life. Not really for a party at all, just that we're meeting there before the Beta Homecoming dance. Which I still have to buy a dress for... *sigh*... not that I don't enjoy shopping, it's just that I'm getting down to the wire now. I'll cross my fingers that Gordman's has something cute. And really cheap. Because I have no money.

Something to applaud me for: Since I didn't have ANY time to do anything except for study OChem the last few days, I've been putting off everything else in the world. So, when I was done with my test and managed through a good 75 minutes of Anatomy drudgery, I had precisely 1 hour to write a 200-word Spanish composition and 15 minutes for lunch. Well, it turned out to be 219 words. And I only had 10 minutes to eat. But surprisingly, it was a pretty decent paper. And I actually participated in class for once. I'll master this whole doing-homework-on-time-and-being-a-good-student yet ;)

Pero ahora, necesito dormir. Ahhh, el reposo embriagante...

(P.S. I need to update on the Mpls trip....... yep, need to.... but not now. Trust me, it's worth waiting for...)

No comments: