Tuesday, January 25, 2005

something's missing...

No, I haven't lost my keys, camera, or anything else again. What I'm missing is something more... what am I looking for... something more internal, like peace of mind... or peace of spirit... Anyways, the meaning of telling you all this is perhaps to explain why I haven't felt completely "centered" the last week or so. I know that I need to let God into my life more, but it's difficult for me to let him take all that power from me. What can I say? I'm a control-freak (as anyone who has been in the kitchen with me is sure to know) and it's hard for me to let someone else handle my life for me. Even if He knows all the answers. Even if He could do such a better job than I could. Do you get an idea of how hard this is for me, God? Anyways, that's probably what I'll be praying about the next few days...

Biology lab is in about 1/2 hour, so that's kind of a downer. I have a quiz, because aparently being in Hon lab requires you to take a quiz before starting lab each time. Blah blah ...

I'm still in the process of finding a job for this summer. Hopefully Ed will have some suggestions for me, so I can apply for the SMURF program. I don't think I have enough experience to apply for SURF, but I guess I can always apply for it next year. One thing is for sure... fire-hydrant painting is probably not going to get me very far in the med school application process ;P

Time to head off for lab, but hopefully I can come up with something more interesting to add to this post later. Like... how I learned how to drive a manual on Sunday night?!

No comments: